Our client, Rosewood, is a leading office furniture provider with over 25 years of experience serving the East African market. Rosewood offers solutions to suit a variety of client needs, whether it is a large or small office space, traditional or modern tastes and executive or basic requirements. They provide end-to-end solutions from the design stage right through to installation and continued after-sales support. Their range of products includes desks, chairs, storage and archiving and conference furniture. In addition, they also offer partitioning, flooring and ceiling solutions, window blinds and films. By way of their local manufacturing facilities, clients have the flexibility to create their own customized office space, with a choice of sizes, finishes, and colours.
Servicing clients across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Burundi, and Sudan, Rosewood are now looking to hire a dynamic and passionate Head of Sales. This is a tremendous opportunity to make a direct impact on the success of Rosewood’s aggressive growth objectives. The ideal candidate will be able to move seamlessly from crafting and executing a visionary plan for the corporate sales team to rolling up their sleeves and jumping on a call to show a team member how to win!
The Head of Sales will be functionally accountable to the Chief Executive Officer and be responsible for driving sales for the business. S/he will provide leadership to the sales team and will collaborate with production and other departments to ensure exceptional customer service delivery.
- Drive the sales team to achieve mutually agreed targets.
- Manage and maintain client relationships and public relations.
- Identify new sales opportunities and manage key accounts.
- Reactivate dormant client accounts.
- Manage and monitor all large deals/quotations/tenders.
- Propose and implement effective sales strategies.
- Push slow moving stock.
- Develop and execute new leads.
- Achieve regional sales and wholesale growth.
Performance Management and Training- 25%
- Identify training needs for the sales team.
- Plan and execute effective sales team training.
- Be a role model, mentor and inspiring leader for the sales team.
- Continue to improve systems and processes.
- Manage sales team performance and daily activities.
- Evaluate and monitor sales team skills, knowledge and grooming.
- Conduct monthly appraisals of the sales team.
Analysis and Reporting- 25%
- Ensure the Client Relationship Management (CRM) software is up to date and used effectively.
- Manage and analyse data within the Client Database to inform sales strategy.
- Conduct internal product portfolio analysis.
- Carry out market intelligence and research.
- Prepare timely and accurate sales reports.
Other responsibilities- 25%
- Manage operations of the sales office.
- Accomplish quick resolution of sales related issues.
- Assist with ordering of containers and monitoring of stock levels.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the CEO from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Have at least 8 years of B2B sales experience; 3 years managing teams.
- Have a proven track record of successfully building and leading sales teams to achieve their sales targets.
- Be results-driven with a keen eye for operational efficiency and data-driven decision making.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be commercially astute with a solid understanding of a company’s commercial revenue drivers.
- Have strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve and think critically about business needs.