Pamoja Life Limited is an exciting, rapidly growing social enterprise committed to providing life-saving, affordable positive impact products for everyone. The company provides a range of high quality household energy products including energy efficient solar lights and higher tier cook stoves that are clean, efficient and affordable to those who lack access to finance. This is achieved through availing consumer finance and developing innovative payment mechanisms.
Pamoja Life’s core products today are improved cook stoves and solar home systems, but they intend to rapidly build this to a wider product line which improves the lives of customers in terms of health, time, education and finance. As they build a Pamoja Life Community, they aim to communicate collaboratively with customers to tailor goods and services in order to be the “one stop shop” for the target market segment.
Pamoja Life is continuously looking for ways to improve services and product offerings, and strengthening their customer and community relationships. Their initial geographical scope is Kenya, but this will soon move to the wider East African region within 12 months. The business works directly with consumers, self-help groups and through thousands of local distribution partners.
The Business Development Director will help drive growth through establishment and management of strategic partnerships as well as maintenance of existing relationships. S/he will develop and manage smart partnerships for Pamoja Life including:
- Identify potential clients within the region and put in place concept proposals
- Develop MOUs and legal contracts for the partnerships, as well as negotiate commercials
- Effectively manage Pamoja Life’s key accounts
- Develop regional strategy through continuous market analysis
- Build the Pamoja Life brand and represent the company at conferences, meetings, and other events.
Requirements & Skills
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a business development role, with a relevant qualification.
- Dynamic, energetic, outgoing personality with the ability to build strong relationships and partnerships.
- Strong presentation and networking skills.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write proposals and develop MOUs independently.
- Results driven with experience in market analysis
- Be commercially astute with a solid understanding of a company’s commercial revenue drivers.
- Be a self-starter, with very strong organizational and interpersonal skills, self-belief, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure whilst handling multiple work streams.
- Enjoy working within a small team but with absolute responsibility for your deliverable, and be able to achieve a lot within limited budgets.